Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Online Business?

I have started an online business!  Don't worry I am not doing data entry from home for $297 dollars a day!  There are legitimate ways of making money online and one of them is selling stuff.  I have been wanting to have an online store or sell things online for a long time however I was going to sell things I made.  Talk about time consuming!  So after doing a lot of research I have decided to open an online store but sell items that can be dropshipped.  With dropshipping I run the online store front, which includes the payment and customer service.  I will have a wholesale supplier who will ship my products from their warehouse.  This is not going to be an easy task as I am brand new to this and have a lot to learn but I am up for the challenge!  My first step, finding something to sell has proven to be very hard.   I need to find a niche meaning there aren't a million websites selling the exact same thing but there are still enough people wanting what I am selling.  I started this process by making a list of  about 30 things that I could sell online, things that I am interested in and things that I think other people are interested in I (I am avoiding clothes, shoes - don't want to do too many returns and electronics - too much competition, how do you compete with apple?).   However, after doing some market research using such things as google adwords keyword tool (I would put a link here but I am not sure how to do that (see a lot to learn), when I copy and paste the url it doesn't create a hot link) I have narrowed down my search to about 5 things, although I am not 100% confident with any of them!  What have you bought online in the last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment