Monday, March 14, 2011

Aromatherapy for headaches

Occasionally when the weather changes or I haven't drank enough water I get a headache which turns into a migraine.  If it is because I haven't drank enough water it's an easy solution - drink a ton of water.  However, with weather changes it's not that easy (I haven't quite figured out how to control the weather) so I either suffer through the headache or take a Tylenol.  However,  last Tuesday I was starting to get a headache, I drank a ton of water but it wasn't helping so I decided to try some aromatherapy.  I used peppermint essential oil and lavender essential oil mixed with a carrier oil (I use either sweet almond or olive) and rubbed it on my temples and back of my neck (it tingled for a couple minutes) and within 5 minutes all signs of my headache had disappeared (the ratio for the concoction is 1 part essential oil to 2 parts carrier oil).  I had a headache the next day as well so I tried the same concoction and it worked again.  To all you headache/migraine sufferers give this a try and let me know if it works for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment