Friday, March 4, 2011

Hey, Rosetta!

Throughout University I had to write reviews for plays I saw but it has been a long time...so bear with me as I write a short review of Hey, Rosetta!...

Hey, Rosetta!  is on a North American tour and they have been packing pubs throughout Eastern Canada, the US and now the Prairies where they were welcome by -30 temperatures and a sold out crowd at the Exchange in Regina on March 1, 2011.  The mixed crowd of 16 year olds to 40 year olds waited in anticipation as the band set up and they did not disappoint!  The whole show reminded me of a theatrical performance rather than a concert.  The band entered the stage with lights turned low, smoke filled the stage, music built up and Tim, the lead singer, picked up his guitar and then a drumstick and as the music grew he drummed out a rhythm on a cymbal.  The experience continued for the next 2 hours with beautiful, thought-provoking lyrics,  dreamy vocals and raw musical emotion! It has been a long time since I went to bed still pulsing from music that literally (as cheesy as it sounds) moved my soul!  If you ever have the chance to see Hey, Rosetta! do!  They will literally have you moving well into the following day!

No comments:

Post a Comment