Monday, January 30, 2012

Roasted Garlic and Pepper Crunchy Chickpeas

It seems like a lot of my food ideas are inspired by my husband's taste buds...but not the way it would seem.  I make foods I wish he would try but just won't...until I change them up a bit.  Chickpeas are full of fibre and protein but up until today I had only tried them in some Indian dishes and in the common form of hummus.  Then, like most days, I was surfing the web for recipes and came across one for roasted chickpeas.  It looked delicious so I decided to give it a try!  They were soooo good and my whole fam-jam (including my hubby) loved them!



Here is my recipe for Roasted Garlic and Pepper Crunchy Chickpeas

Ingredients
2 cans of chickpeas
2 tbsp olive oil 
2 tsp Clubhouse Roasted Garlic and Pepper spice

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas, toss with olive oil and spice.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes to the desired crispness.  (I baked mine for at least 40 minutes, I wanted them crunchy).

Coming up...

Chocolate Explosion Muffins (healthy, vegan and wheat-free but unbelievably delicious)








No comments:

Post a Comment